Remote Access to Computer Science
The best way to access the server from a remote location is to use FileZilla, a freeware FTP tool. You can download and install the FileZilla client from https://filezilla-project.org/.
To connect to the server:
- Launch FileZilla.
- Select Site Manager from the File menu.
- Enter hydros.cs.wlu.edu in the
- Enter 22 in the Port: field
- Select SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol next to Protocol:.
- Select Normal next to Logon Type:.
- Enter your user name for you Linux account.
- Give a name to to your new logon, say, hyros, under My Sites.
- Click Connect, which will prompt you for your Linux password.
to the desired files or directory.